Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So iv'e been reading a little bit about some kind of a resistor mod. I understand the basics of it, but what I need to know is where exactly do you put the resistor?
And also how would I go about wiring it to a switch?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Personally I tried the resistor mod and then took it right back out. I didnt notice a ton of differnce other then a lopey idle. I would advise you to save up and buy a generic or custom tuned ts/dp chip and make your power safely.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Not a good idea. Do you know how the HEUI system works?
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/bi...ments/114042-how-heui-works-best-convert.html <-Read
The ICP reads HPO rail pressure. With the resistor, you limit the signal sent to the PCM. So your actual pressure is 2000PSI while the resistor might only let the PCM see 1700PSI. If the PCM is requesting 2000PSI, it increases IPR duty cycle so that it raises ICP to what it thinks is 2000PSI, when it's actually 2300PSI. Problems that can arise: very expensive damage to injectors due to ICP being too high. Very fast, large oil leaks. Electronic damage to expensive parts.
Still wanna risk it?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Great explanation jesilvas!

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
ESPECIALLY don't do it if you're going to be tuned. Tuning raises ICP anyway.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Jesilvas you are fast lol. I got the email notification sitting here at work and I was like "AHHHHHH NOOOOOO" but you beat me. Touche.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I'm bored, and am trolling the org. Go to my CP. Nothing new? Nope. Active topics. Unread? Dang. Look at weather. Facebook. Repeat. My life right now.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I hear ya man. The .org has seemed quite slow lately. I have been doing a lot of reading over at the nation,army and ford-trucks. I dont post much at the others though. Well, I dont tend to post much here either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts