Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ive heard of pepl doing this but i dont know what it is or what it does to the truck so could you guys please let me know what this is and what it would do to my truck:dunno:

·
Registered
572 Posts
its a cheap way to up the fuel pressure, and get a little more power if you dont have a programmer.

in yor sig, you say you have a programmer, so dont waste your time with the resistors.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
If you have a tuner already then you are better off!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I knew a guy that did this resistor mod with his edge tuner and completely fried his $600 tuner.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thank you for the info:thumb:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was just wondering if i should do it, i herd it makes your truck have a pretty cool lope thats the only reason i was interested in it

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
It does but it can also make the truck way to touchy on the go pedal. Sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it. THats why I put it on a switch!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so doing this would pretty much be like a tony wildman smoke tune with alot of smoke and not much power and a very jumpy pedel and a big *** lope?

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Dont do a resistor mod with a custom tuned chip, it will be completely worthless and could just mess stuff up

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i didnt really want to do it i was just wondering what it would do to the truck because i was reading a thred about it

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
i didnt really want to do it i was just wondering what it would do to the truck because i was reading a thred about it
It messes with the ICP pressure, you can do it if you cant afford a chip cuase its a cheap way to gain a couple horsepower but if you have a chip you dont want to have it on there

·
Registered
14 Posts
if i put it on there with a hypertech programer is there any worries of messing it up? and where can i fond the instructions on doin this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts