Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I stumbled across this '99 that caught my eye for sale in my local classifieds and wondered if I could get your opinion on it.

The basics: It's a '99, ZF6 and has 215k on it. The seller has stated they've put $7k into it recently along with the installation of some additions and accessories. The front end has had new ball joints and tie rods, motor has been gone through- (need to find more specifics on that), new clutch and some other things as stated in the ad below.

I like the fact that it's a manual and ccsb, a configuration that I've been looking for specifically. The ARB bumper, recent tires & clutch are intriguing too but the higher miles are the pitfall although I do know well enough those miles could be considered break in for a well taken care of 7.3. The seller also states that it has a 12" lift but appears more on the lines of an ~8" lift to me. Still too much for my tastes but I don't see why it couldn't be lowered some. Anyway, from what they have descried to me, the truck is in immaculate condition thoughout. Of course you can only speculate so much from a few measly photos and a brief ad but would simply like to get your opinions on it before I possibly go to look at it.

They are asking $15k. To be fair, most trucks, no matter the brand, hold their value in this area above average and are typically a considerable amount above other areas in the nation. I have been particularly looking at third gen Cummins (I know, I know) but this one caught my eye and thought I might float the waters a bit.

Here is the ad description below with a few photos:

"I have a 99 Ford f250 superduty 4dr with a 7.3 and a 6sp manual transmission with new clutch only 2000 miles ago.. Its lifted 12'' on brand new 37s with xd rockstar rims barely 500 miles on them the set was 3400 at les schwab. This truck is black with tinted windows it has in-dash dvd with a backup camera installed works good when parking this beast. It has a black headache rack and ARB bull bumper that was 3k .400$ cabellas camo seat covers but seats have no rips in them at all interior is in nice shape.Has been edge programmed and sounds good with the new 5" exhaust new piaas in the front bumper and super bright hid headlights .. 215k miles runs strong no issues anywhere. Engine was gone through 18k miles ago tranny was also at that time clutch is new 2000 miles ago."

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys,

I will let you know if I decide to go and look at it. I really appreciate hearing your thoughts, it's very much gladly appreciated.

Not to start a war but it's a tough choice between a 3rd gen Cummins.

- how many owners, if it's been passed around like the village bicycle, that could indicate problems in my opinion
- who installed the lift, I test drove an early '03 that had a 12" lift that was installed by some ******** that had no clue what the hell they were doing and driving it was an experience all of itself!
- did it do a lot of heavy pulling,
Good points. I will definitely bring those up!

Odd to have that much lift and no steering stabilizer(s)

It's a nice truck for sure, but it's priced a little high yet. I'd say $12,000 tops and that assuming everything else adds up
I agree about the absence of a steering stabilizer. I'll keep that in mind regarding price.

Those aren't rockstars...
Yeah, if in fact it does have those rims installed, that will be a turnoff in itself.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hoping to take a look at this later this week.

Not expecting great fuel economy by any means, but any guesses what this thing might get nonetheless? Was told by the seller that he gets on average 23mpg on the highway. :umno:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.