Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay let me first say I am not getting a new key programmed I am replacing the whole lock cylinder. I need to reprogram the whole set up to the truck and cant find a thread about it. Its an 03 Excursion eddie bauer edition 4wd with THE 6.0L production date 3/03. No mods at all. completely stock truck. Can somebody please tell me how to do this? I dont like extra keys floating around so re doing all locks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is not the door lock. It is the ignition cylinder and I bought a new that came with two keys. So i need to reprogram the system to the new keys and cylinder, I think. Never done this before so need some help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I had my keys programmed, I had to use a locksmith. He had a laptop that he connected to the OBDII and had to go through a time consuming process for each key. I think it took about an hour to program 3 keys. And it cost about $30 per key if I remember correctly (more at the dealer of course).

As was stated above, you should be able to change the tumblers in the cylinder to match the key. This should be easier and less expensive. I bought a cylinder a while back that did not come with keys. I think it had directions on building it up to match the existing key, but I haven't gotten around to building/installing it yet.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ending up paying locksmith thanks everybody.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts