Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of replacing my shocks and leaf spring bushings. It looks like my brake line is not long enough to get the spring dropped far enough down to get the bushing out. Am I going to have to disconnect the brake line or am I missing something? This is my first time replacing spring bushings on my Excursion and was hoping someone might have a better way...any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
I would put the short port-a-power ram in there and push the spring end down enough to get the press in there and push that bushing out -- be sure to block the spring in case the ram slips out

Reactions: letsmow10

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would put the short port-a-power ram in there and push the spring end down enough to get the press in there and push that bushing out -- be sure to block the spring in case the ram slips out
That just might be the trick. I will give that a try. Thanks for the idea.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not just take the calipers off?
It's not only the appropriate way, but the safest way for you and the truck.
Honestly, no good reason why. I might do that and use hydro's suggestion to aid in keeping the spring down and secured.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone tell if these springs are Excursion springs or possibly B springs or modified Bs? I am thinking that the are either B or modified B springs but I am not that versed in suspension. The Excursion has a super lift on it that should have added an extra leaf to the spring pack and added a block but left the rest of spring the same. I bought bushings for the Excursion springs on this theory and the bushing is too small for the large end. The measurement 2"or 51.22mm ID on the large end of this spring. The bushing is 1.98 or 50.5mm. I am going to try and search the specs on what it should be for both. Maybe that will help me identify what I have here also.
Here is a video of how lose the bushing is. If anyone has any idea please share.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the this stamped on the spring but it doesnt look like a Ford part number and I can't find anything when searching online...R 043 3 2C60 BA

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
Found your number on a post from 2015, also this from a spring manufacturer -- may will give some clues

Usually, Ford only stamps the prefix and the suffix and the base must be added to complete the part number.Example: Adding the 5310 base number to the F3HT prefix and JAsuffix completes the Ford Part number of F3HT5310JA which interchanges to the SRI part number 43-434.(Note: Other Ford OE part numbers could interchange with SRI 43-434).

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found your number on a post from 2015, also this from a spring manufacturer -- may will give some clues

Usually, Ford only stamps the prefix and the suffix and the base must be added to complete the part number.Example: Adding the 5310 base number to the F3HT prefix and JAsuffix completes the Ford Part number of F3HT5310JA which interchanges to the SRI part number 43-434.(Note: Other Ford OE part numbers could interchange with SRI 43-434).
Alright, after hours more research I believe I have modified B code springs on the rear. Here is why I believe that to be the case.F250 B code springs have a rear front bushing that measures 2.070” ID, versus the Excursion spring that measures 1.978” ID. That explains why the bushings for the Excursion measured about 1.98 and were loose fitting into the front rear spring eye which was measuring out at 2". That and the pictures I was able to find of modified Bs. I have some B code bushings on the way and fingers crossed they will be the right ones. I will update this so hopefully if any Ex person should find their self if this situation they won't have to do quite as much digging.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts