Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've developed a small power steering leak on my 02 7.3 and after further inspection it appears that I have the common problem of the power steering line rubbing against the shock tower until it ruptured. I have the new line and everything ready to go on. My question is, whats the best way to go about it so when I disconnect the line I don't drain all of the fluid out of the reservoir/system. Also I will the method for flushing the power steering fluid where you disconnect the return and work the steering wheel back and forth/pressing the brakes while insuring the reservoir stays full be sufficient to remove all of the air? Thanks.

·
Vendor
13,214 Posts
Well I've developed a small power steering leak on my 02 7.3 and after further inspection it appears that I have the common problem of the power steering line rubbing against the shock tower until it ruptured. I have the new line and everything ready to go on. My question is, whats the best way to go about it so when I disconnect the line I don't drain all of the fluid out of the reservoir/system. Also I will the method for flushing the power steering fluid where you disconnect the return and work the steering wheel back and forth/pressing the brakes while insuring the reservoir stays full be sufficient to remove all of the air? Thanks.
1.You won't drain all the fluid out if you only remove the high pressure line.

2. Yes, that will work. Just make sure you keep the reservoir topped off while bleeding the system. There's a nice YouTube video how to for this.

BTW, make sure you use trans fluid. Someone on here had a brain fart and used regular power steering fluid.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts