Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in the below rotors because they have a lifetime warranty against warping, cracking, etc. plus they come with pads.

My current rotors are causing vibration under braking at highway speeds. I'm not hard my equipment, stock truck basically. I just figured I'd step up if the price was reasonable.

Anyone with any experience with these? Did a search and didn't see these rotors referenced:Premium Dimpled and Slotted Brake Rotors

Also, planning on changing them myself. Is there anything I need to know or is it straight forward? Pull off the the old ones and slide on the new ones?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Dimpled and slotted rotors will wear your pads faster than regular rotors and unless you need them for heat dissipation then you'll be just fine with oem style rotors.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Haven't heard anything about the rotors your referring to, i run powerslot rotors and like them. I was warping my oem's from hauling and i heard they did good against warping.

The rotor change is pretty straight forward.

·
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!
6,471 Posts
Also, planning on changing them myself. Is there anything I need to know or is it straight forward? Pull off the the old ones and slide on the new ones?
Pretty much...

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have those on my truck. I didn't use the pads that came with, I went with EBC Green pads, but the ones that came with looked fine. No complains, they work good and they haven't rusted at all with the coating on them. They look good too.

Adam

·
Registered
809 Posts
I am going to need some new brakes soon.
I was also looking at those and ART brakes.
My truck has a daily weight of 12,000 lbs so I need something that will hold up.
Do the cyro rotors help ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts