Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace the shocks on my 2000 F350 crewcab longbox dually. Are KYB's as good as any? Truck has the stock suspension and ride height.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Many have the Bilstein 5100s..pretty stiff, but in a good way, IMO. topguncustomz.com...the best prices on them.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Many have the Bilstein 5100s..pretty stiff, but in a good way, IMO. topguncustomz.com...the best prices on them.
I agree, way too stiff, but in a bad way. I pulled them off and sold them. Cary (CT Performance) said he could get me some softer valving on the Bilsteins. I may try those at some point.

But send him a pm, he had the best price around when I bought mine.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/members/32316-ct-performance-inc-.html

I guess he's still a sponsor, not sure

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I agree, way too stiff, but in a bad way. I pulled them off and sold them. Cary (CT Performance) said he could get me some softer valving on the Bilsteins. I may try those at some point.

But send him a pm, he had the best price around when I bought mine.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/members/32316-ct-performance-inc-.html

I guess he's still a sponsor, not sure
haha I was hoping youd chime in! Ya they are stiff, I just dont know what else to go with. Alot better than 130k Ranchos though.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
I didn't even have the Ranchos to put on, so I threw some stock black body shocks on LOL. Still haven't decided what to go with.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
haha..ya me either. Oh well. Lower psi in the tires helped. I think the fronts are good, but thats cause it's heavy as crap. The rear end, not so much.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Yeah, I could have lived with the fronts. It was the rear that rode too stiff. The stock black body shocks are way better on the rear than my Bilsteins were.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts