Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, they still look pretty good after 18 years, but I am thinking about replacing them because they are starting to get a little haze and yellowing.

Really, I do not like the look of many of the replacements, but some are okay. When I find a set that I like, there is always more than one review indicating they leak or have condensation that forms in the lens. Well, that sucks.

Are any of these made worth a darn with plastic that will last like the original?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Buy OEM you can get both sides for under $180 online. There are Ford dealers that sell on line for about 35% off MSRP.

You can get the 05-07 lights for under $210 but then you would have to modify your header panel.

Riffraff Diesel has a good writeup on how to do this on their web site.

I'm in the process of doing this now.

or if you want to spend big bucks Recon has some cool looking ones. $$$$

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ford dealers realize they have competition? Do you have any names of the dealers? I wouldn't mind OEM.

The Recon stuff is pricey, for sure. I would hate getting something that is junk for a huge markup. I have heard the Spyder brand is just as good as the Recon. Is there any accuracy to that statement?

·
Administrator
32,120 Posts
Recon sucks
I did buy some headlights from 1a auto for the tahoe and was impressed this was replacing a set from ebay that looked good but could not be aimed
I would look into the 05upgrade and header panel mod

·
Registered
169 Posts
Im on the hunt for some as well. CarID has a few good looking replacements. projector, led, and OEM style. I have an 06 so I wont need to do any modification.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I have an, 06 and put the spyder headlights with dual bulbs and the light up bar. I like them, biggest down fall is the h1 bulbs (both high and low beam) and the whole housing has to come out to aim them.
I use hid in the lows and led in the highs, with a relay to keep the lows on when the highs are on. By doing my headlights this way, I was able to keep "flash to pass" and the lights are nice. And bright. I don't care for led low beams because of the "light splash" that blinds other drivers and the hids seem to cut through fog and rain better than leds.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ford dealers realize they have competition? Do you have any names of the dealers? I wouldn't mind OEM.

The Recon stuff is pricey, for sure. I would hate getting something that is junk for a huge markup. I have heard the Spyder brand is just as good as the Recon. Is there any accuracy to that statement?
I buy mine stuff at Varsityfordparts.com. They are local to me. But also ship.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Fire From the Clouds!
1,760 Posts
Eagle Eye 05-07 Harley headlights from Amazon. Going on three years leak and yellowing free.

Reactions: kirkifer

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do not know what that is. Can you please explain?
Basically, with a little bit of effort (but far less than you would think), it’s possible to swap out the entire exterior front end (bumper, grill, headlights, etc) of a 99-04 to an 05-07. Many people prefer the look. There are lots of threads on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
I do not know what that is. Can you please explain?
ALSO.....IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY.....WITH A LITTLE CUTTING ON THE HEADER PANEL.....YOU CAN ADD THE NEWER (2007) HEADLIGHTS TO YOUR OLDER TRUCK.....WITHOUT CHANGING THE BUMPER OR OTHER PARTS.....

THERE ARE A FEW ARTICLES ON THIS MODIFICATION.....JUST CHECK YOUTUBE.....

Reactions: kirkifer

·
Registered
132 Posts
ALSO.....IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY.....WITH A LITTLE CUTTING ON THE HEADER PANEL.....YOU CAN ADD THE NEWER (2007) HEADLIGHTS TO YOUR OLDER TRUCK.....WITHOUT CHANGING THE BUMPER OR OTHER PARTS.....

THERE ARE A FEW ARTICLES ON THIS MODIFICATION.....JUST CHECK YOUTUBE.....
why are you yelling?

·
Administrator
32,120 Posts
He has been yelling since day 1
when I asked if he would put the reason for caps in his signature ( like work computer etc ) he reported me for harassment lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts