Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read hundreds of post on here about how bad the K & N air filter is... Can anyone give me some links to some other types of filters that are better that I can attach to my K & N CAI? :dunno: Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have read hundreds of post on here about how bad the K & N air filter is... Can anyone give me some links to some other types of filters that are better that I can attach to my K & N CAI? :dunno: Thank you!!
:bump: :bump:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no input on this at all? :bump:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:bump::bump:

·
Registered
658 Posts
A lot of people like AFE.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
alot of people say that the baldwin(i think thats it) its a pa2818 i believe you can have almost any parts counter cross the number for you its a pretty good setup

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is there a good website for crossing other filters that will fit on the K&N CAI setup??:icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:bump::bump::bump:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no other information on this at all? I figured someone would have some input on a good website for cross reference a new filter for my set up..

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can anyone post a good website to cross ref...please?!?!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well everyone thank you for no help what so ever...

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
You can get the DIY Tymar air filter napa part number 6637 or you can order it from fleetfilters.com It will fit right on that CAI tube. This is exactly what I replaced my K&N filter with.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just relax. You see some one helped you. It might not always be your time frame but people are good here and will help. I don't post alot but I do spend alot of time here and had many questions answerd by research. Just be cool. you will get alot further.

·
Registered
334 Posts
well everyone thank you for no help what so ever...
How would I know? I have the stock filter, which seems to be by general consensus as the way to go on the 6.0's.

But seriously, I think the problem may be that not very many have made the transition from K&N to something else while using the K&N CAI.

At least, here's another bump for you.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Just relax. You see some one helped you. It might not always be your time frame but people are good here and will help. I don't post alot but I do spend alot of time here and had many questions answerd by research. Just be cool. you will get alot further.
Exactly, there are over 30,000 members here. Eventually one will come along that can answer your question. To be bumping up and getting irritated with in less then 24 hours because your question has not been answered is a little rude.

Like I said in my previous post. The filter 6637 from Fleet Filters will fit on the CAI tube from K&N. After I found out how bad K&N is for our trucks I replaced it with.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea you guys are right, sorry to be like that. I am just worried after reading so many posts about how bad this filter is. And I hate to go buy a complete different intake. I was hoping S & B or AFE or some other good brand of filter would work. But now my question is answered. Thank you all.

·
Registered
64 Posts
K&N isn't bad...ever head of a K&N blowing up a engine? I havent. If your really that worried about it just get one of those prechargers that K&N sells, zip tie one end shut and streach it around the front of the intake.I have one on mine (I live in a very sandy area) good luck to you. From what I have read on here AFE stage 2 with the proguard7 filter is the way to go. A few guys on here still run stock intake systems with the stock filter media and claim you can run that up to 500HP. I dont like the stock intake, my truck seemed slower and fuel MPG's went downhill. It seems like ALMOST every Diesel in my area runs a K&N :dunno: Oh! if you want to you can also run the stock intake with a AFE filter, you just have to cut the stock donaldson filter out, its a cheaper route to go when replaceing the stock filter. Here are some links for you.

Stock filter replacement: advanced FLOW engineering : Review v3 :

STAGE 2: advanced FLOW engineering : Review v3 :

stock filter replacement instructions...PDF FILE
http://www.afefilters.com/is/10-10100.pdf

:tard:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
K&N isn't bad...ever head of a K&N blowing up a engine? I havent. If your really that worried about it just get one of those prechargers that K&N sells, zip tie one end shut and streach it around the front of the intake.I have one on mine (I live in a very sandy area) good luck to you. From what I have read on here AFE stage 2 with the proguard7 filter is the way to go. A few guys on here still run stock intake systems with the stock filter media and claim you can run that up to 500HP. I dont like the stock intake, my truck seemed slower and fuel MPG's went downhill. It seems like ALMOST every Diesel in my area runs a K&N :dunno: Oh! if you want to you can also run the stock intake with a AFE filter, you just have to cut the stock donaldson filter out, its a cheaper route to go when replaceing the stock filter. Here are some links for you.

Stock filter replacement: advanced FLOW engineering : Review v3 :

STAGE 2: advanced FLOW engineering : Review v3 :

stock filter replacement instructions...PDF FILE
http://www.afefilters.com/is/10-10100.pdf

:tard:
Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
S & B makes a replacement filter for people with K&N CAI!!

Just a little FYI if any of you are concerned, here is the link! Thanks again!!

S&B Filters

1 - 19 of 19 Posts