Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys heres one for u... I just put in a new power steering pump and the bottom line keeps blowing off... As soon as I start the truck it pops and don't know why. Need to figure it out. I was suppose to be somewhere an hour ago and cant get there. I have been doing this since 9:30 this morning... I replaced the hose clamp to a better one still pops. I'm about to give up I really need help. I am waiting for a response I dont know what else to do

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No the steering was tight. When my foot was on the break and it had never done it before... So i figured i would try to replace that and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
you probably got a bad pump, oversized tires will cause the steering to be hard when sitting still and foot on the brake , there wasnt any knid of a plug on that port ut of the box was there, sometimes the reman companies will plug off ports to keep packaging lubricant in pump while on the shelf

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok its the line that come out of the resevoir that turns into a metal line is the one that keeps blowing off... im not sure if its the high or low pressure line also i kno oversize tires would do that but they arent oversized... and no there wasnt a plug on that one.

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
the high pressure comes out of the side and are bad to blow out thats why i asked , its metal coming out of the pump and basically touches the intercooler tube when everything is inplace , the return comes up from the bottom , the top line is also return from the hydroboost

1 - 11 of 11 Posts