Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a grinding noise while in 2wd from my front left wheel when I purchased my truck a 2000 F250(last week). It would also pull slightly to the right when i braked. I figured it was a bearing. So I ordered hubs. When I went to replace the hubs I noticed my left caliper was siezed. So I bought two new calipers, pads and rotors also. I got all of that replaced today and I put it in 4wd in my driveway and when I turned the wheel slightly it starts grinding again in the front left. Both of my locking hubs will not spin from lock to auto so I dont know if they are locked or not. Everything in there is new except the lockers. Could I be in need of new ones ? Any help is much needed. Thanks Josh

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Definatly take your locking hubs apart. They come off the wheel really easy, just a big snap ring holding them in. Once you get them out soak them in PB blaster, or some sort of penetrating oil. Thiers instructions on R/R ing the hubs on guzzles web page, but I don't remember how to get their, so I'll have to look.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts