Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 6.0 E450 Bus a few months ago. When i bought it it would crank but not start. I cleaned the IPR valve with wd40 and compressed air (Dieseltechron procedure) and it started right up. The problem is that the IPR valve keeps failing for some reason, bringing back the crank no start condition. I drive the bus for 4-500 miles and the problem reappears. Every time i get the valve out to clean it, the screen always look free of debris to me. I also replaced the gaskets and screen of the IPR in hope that would solve my problem but no change were noticed after the service. So my question is, is it possible that the valve is damaged and don't seat properly, or is it possible that debris can stil get in through the screen? Can i repair it or does it need to be replaced? Thank you for your answers.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Update: As the motor never died while on the road, i think i can eliminate the scenario where the screen get clogged with dirt. I did notice that when i get the valve out and clean it, the bus doesn't always start on the first try, even if i cleaned it thorougly. I sometimes have to get it out and clean it a second time, then reinstall it back to finally get the bus on the road. My guess is that the problem might only be a bad connection between the ECU and the IPR. By cleaning the valve, i disconnect and reconnect the ipr multiple times, what could possibly make a contact that eventually break with the vibrations of the motor. So i ordered a new connector. I will update on what i find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.