Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About how much money would be a safe amount to save up just incase my 6.4 starts to have problems? Just curious, and I have had none soo far besides radiator hoses...

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
994 Posts
U stock?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dpf delete, egr delete, s&b, airdog, cac pipe, stainless steel 90 where egr valve was, ccv to atmosphere, and minimax. And 2500-3500 just seems low...

·
Registered
833 Posts
$3k is low when you start talking cab off repairs.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking in the $10k range....

·
Registered
833 Posts
That's probably a very safe number. My cab has to come up for head gaskets soon and im going to be doing other things at the same time, 10k is probably what ill be spending. :eek:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll prolly go with that. But its soo hard to save money when there is soo much more you can do to these trucks.

·
Administrator
30,488 Posts
Well if you can afford 10k to be parked then by all means

i do the 3k to keep from using credit cards for repairs .. if it was a major expense I would have to go grab a short term loan

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well better start saving or see how much the bank would approve me for.... Lol but next is a lift kit!

·
Registered
833 Posts
I feel the same way. But every time I think about buying something I just think about my head gaskets needing replacement lol.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I feel the same way. But every time I think about buying something I just think about my head gaskets needing replacement lol.

Are you puking coolant?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn't mind having headstuds done, but I don't have a reason to pull the cab yet. I kinda want to get a better intake and exhaust manifold too while I'm in there. Maybe a new oil cooler.... And up pipes!
Wow! I need more money.

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
You guys are funny!

Glad you got 10k laying around.... I spend it all on toys right away:rofl:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha, I don't have $10k yet and when I do it will be gone fast! Lol

·
Registered
833 Posts
Are you puking coolant?

Yeah I went from an SCT with KEM 250 to mini maxx last week had the thing on for about 20 minutes, was doing a trans relearn with hd300 and when I got home had coolant everywhere.

Talked to Jeff and he said was the hgs. Im still hoping not. I do still have egr coolers on.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Yeah I went from an SCT with KEM 250 to mini maxx last week had the thing on for about 20 minutes, was doing a trans relearn with hd300 and when I got home had coolant everywhere.

Talked to Jeff and he said was the hgs. Im still hoping not. I do still have egr coolers on.

Man that sucks bud. Either way its worth getting rid of the coolers. You never know. Maybe its just the coolers.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Man that sucks bud. Either way its worth getting rid of the coolers. You never know. Maybe its just the coolers.

Yeah no kidding. I was like really 3 runs and im done! I don't know what the boiling temp of my coolant is but maybe the temps got too hot and boiled out. Wishful thinking

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I just dropped $4000 on a new steering gear, adjustable trackbar, draglink, and castor adjusters. My truck is a 2009 with 37,000 miles on it. Just have to roll with the punches sometimes and suck it up. Don't think there is an exact number to pencil in for repairs. If your truck needs it, it needs it. You either take public transit or you fix your vehicle. Not much to debate about.

·
Registered
833 Posts
That is true my friend. That's the price you pay to play. Yeah I could drive a gasser and get by cheaper but that's just not going to work for me

1 - 20 of 37 Posts