Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you guys think? I used a little Carolina chrome(Chrome paint) and some red paint to make the badges look a little more like the newer ones. I'll clear cot them and put them back on. They came off my 02

Attachments

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Did you paint those to make them chrome or did you use acetone and remove the paint first??

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
so how did you pait the powerstroke part red then wipe the letters off or how did you get it to look so clean lookin.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Looks pretty cool!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just wiped off the paint after I sprayed it on, and then used the wifes fingernail polish remover to wipe them clean. I sprayed clear coat on them and two of them started flaking instantly. WTF?:dunno: So now I have to completely strip the two down and try again.:doh: Well I just read that you arent supposed to mix laquer and enamel.:doh::doh: Well one side made it through so I guess I'll wait and see if it actualy dries or not. Worse case, I'll get some 05-07 badges off ebay. I also came across an a seller on ebay that does custom emblems with the international logo and powerstroke logo in one. They loked cool but I don't like the Orange on the powerstroke letters. Here is another one on the truck. and a link to a guy that does the custom decals.

eBay Store - FLIPS: POWERSTROKE INTERNATIONAL: 6.4 TURBO DIESEL, 7.3 POWERSTROKE

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe on the door badge, I should have gone all silver background and done the little letters in red??

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
You ought to check out billetbadges.com I have a set from them and they are great! You can do something totally custom!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You ought to check out billetbadges.com I have a set from them and they are great! You can do something totally custom!
Yea they are a little on the spendy side. Thats why I wanted to do something with my stock ones. I'm trying not to spend to much money.

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
looks good bud, oh your link doesnt work.....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well today I stripped off the old paint down to the chrome. I also did the red background on the door badge just for kicks. I kinda like it to.:dunno: I also left the fender badge bare chrome and it looks ok to. Here is the link to that ebay store again. If you do a search on FlipsGraphXdeSign on ebay you should find his store. I cant get the link to work for some reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Final version

OK, here is the final version. I stripped them down to chrome and repainted the Power stroke area red. I think they look god this way. I didnt know the black paint would come off so easy. I wish I could replace the little lariat badges.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Did you take these off the truck to do this? If so, what did you use to make them go back on? And what did you use to take the black off?

·
Registered
291 Posts
yes i would like to know how you got them off and i imagine you used 3m tape to put the doors back on but what about the fenders arent the like tabed on?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nope no 3m tape. I was going to use winshield glue because its some nasty [email protected]&#. Advance auto actually has emblem cement. I used acetone to get everything off. The black just rubs right off. I used dental floss to aid in the removal, but I also used a knife to slowly pry off the emblems. One thing to keep in mind, I didnt really care if I messed up those emblems, because I was looking for a reason to buy a set of 50-07 badges. The acetone will also disolve the sticky stuff on the badges to. I soaked mine then used a wire brush and it came off pretty easy. I got a 3 pack of some cheap soft wire brushes. You have to work your way around the emblem and of course be careful not to scratch the paint:doh: Dont forget the one on the tailgate.:thumb: I DID NOT use acetone on the truck. I used a piece of wood and my thumb to roll it up.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
yes i would like to know how you got them off and i imagine you used 3m tape to put the doors back on but what about the fenders arent the like tabed on?
Just use fishing line and work your way around the pins. It takes a max of 5 minutes to take all badges off. Yes the F350 badges all have alignment pins. The powerstroke badge does not have any alignment pins. I did use 3M tape to mount the badges.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I used floss but it kept breaking. 5 minutes for all badges??? Mine took a little longer. Maybe because I gave up on the floss and thought the knife would be faster. I would use the emblem cement. The badges don't stick out as far. I looks a little cleaner to me anyway.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
So what do you guys think? I used a little Carolina chrome(Chrome paint) and some red paint to make the badges look a little more like the newer ones. I'll clear cot them and put them back on. They came off my 02

Very sharp.........:nod:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts