Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new rig was previously owned by a smoker, though it doesn't have the over powering oder that some smokers rigs due. However I'd love to get rid of it ASAP. What products have given you guys the best results?

Thx
Mark

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts

LOTS AND LOTS OF FEBREEZE

·
Premium Member
14,493 Posts
Clean the windows thoroughly and the rubber gasket around them. That always works for me.:cowboy:

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
Also if they used the Ashtray fill it with Baking Soda for a couple weeks.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Febreeze works good.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I know when I decided to take a 4x2 4 wheeling in a creek (of course went to far and stalled it), I had a bad river smell in the truck. I took 3 bathroom size cups filled with baking soda and put them under the seat, a couple of charcoal pieces. The smell of the river was gone in like 1-2 days

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking the febreeze would work good on the carpet. I'm not so sure about the leather though.

Any ideas for the vents? I might try the baking soda and charcol as well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i have odor bombs. your turn your truck on, ac on max, set the bomb up so it sprays into the suction side of the blower, and let the ac run for 15 minutes with the truck comletely sealed. you will never smell a hint of smoke afterwards.

just because, my friend smoked in his truck on a 6 hour round trip with the windows up. we bombed it when he got back, and you would never be able to tell he smoked in it. they work great

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have odor bombs. your turn your truck on, ac on max, set the bomb up so it sprays into the suction side of the blower, and let the ac run for 15 minutes with the truck comletely sealed. you will never smell a hint of smoke afterwards.

just because, my friend smoked in his truck on a 6 hour round trip with the windows up. we bombed it when he got back, and you would never be able to tell he smoked in it. they work great

Where can I find them?

·
Premium Member
14,493 Posts
How on earth can people smoke with the windows closed? :peuk:

·
Registered
36 Posts
How on earth can people smoke with the windows closed? :peuk:
i agree. i smoke on and off and both of the trucks i owned haven't smelled like smoke. the first did untill i started using an air freshener like once a month or more and now you can't tell i smoked in it.

·
Registered
792 Posts
There is this spray that my buddy uses in his truck. I can't think of the name of it right now but will try to find it for you.

And what about these odor bombs?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Turn on your defrost full blast (fresh-air, not recirc) and spray unscented Lysol in the vent by the windshield. This, for one, will kill the mold growing in your vents plus it will get rid of the smoke odor when the car's air has been run in recirculated mode.

I used to detail cars and this works incredibly well...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts