Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried researching this without avail.
This is the problem: I had to raise the Left side of the cab in order to replace the up pipe to the turbo collector. Doing so, I twisted of the bolt going through the front mount under the radiator support. The problem is: the lower half is still in the robber bushing. I have tried to twist it out, pry it out, and punch it out; it’s not coming out.
I found a diagram from Chilton’s with no text describing how to remove and replace the bushing or bolt.
My question is: does anybody know if the bolt and bushing are somehow swedged together or in some way fastened together so that the bolt cannot fall out? I don’t care if I have to replace the whole bushing to complete the repair, but I don’t know how to remove the bushing with the bolt still in there.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I did a body lift on my truck and dont remember it being tough to get out. Try using a jack to push it up and out. Lots of lube.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Should be normal bolt.. My suggestion, grind off top and bottom of bolt and punch the slug left in the middle of the rubber bushing.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 3 of 3 Posts