Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the easiest way to get the factory exhaust so I can put my new one on. I got all of the bolts out but whats the easiest way to get it out of those hangers. Any tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Shoot it with pb blaster, penetrating oil, or wd-40 then use channel locks, one end on the end of hanger and the other on the rubber and roll it and it will pop the rubber grommet over the lip of the metal hanger.

·
Registered
172 Posts
1st. Lube up the hangers and use tow straps to pull it off. Also, I've attached one end of the strap to the tow bar and then wrapped the other end around the exhaust. BTW, use the same method to get it back on, its much easier.
good luck,
Dom

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
first move is to loosen the clamp at the back of the DPF and use a BFH to hit the hangers at the muffler to slide that section off. If you unbolt everything in front first, you're going to have a hard time getting the back section off.

once the back section is off, then pull the two bolts where the cat pipe meets the downpipe, unbolt the three hangers from the frame rail, and slide that whole section out.

easy peasy

·
Registered
17 Posts
x2 just did mine yesterday, a small pry bar helped me a lot. Also have a jack stand handy if you are doing this by yourself. DPF section can be a little awkward.

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
WD40 and a pry bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts