Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was helping a buddy remove the the comp on his truck to try a chip and the bolt broke off in the computer. We have an extra comp for him to use but the head of the bolt is still stuck in the plug in. Does anyone know how to get it out?

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
I'm guessing it has some kind or retainer on the top of the threads. It will probably be tricky. Did the entire head come off?

Good luck.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the head is still in the plug in. The threads are in the comp and the bolt broke flush with the connections. I feel bad because I did it, but I really didn't use much force. I gave him another comp, but I would like to help him get this one fixed correctly.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
probably really no advice other than its gonna take alot of monkey'n around to get it. good luck as well bud

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I honestly can't see any way that is holding it in. We pushed on it pretty good, I was hoping some one would say there is a hidden clip or something.

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
I guess my first attempt would be to try and get some needle nose vise grips on the threaded part in the plug and try to drill the head off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts