Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 6.0L. Had an Edge Juice installed, but recently the attitude controller wouldn't light up sometimes, and when it happened, the truck engine shut off. Finally decided to remove the Edge, and I *think* I was successful in doing so. All I really did was take the original cable out of the Edge and plug it back where it came from (middle socket by the battery).

The truck runs, but at certain speeds it bogs strangely for a bit. Then it slowly acquires power again and gets through the bog. Obviously there's something a bit wrong. Does anyone know what's going on and if I missed something or can reset the ECU to fix this?

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Edge Juice you had was the old version. Sometime between 03-05, Ford came out with a flash which did not comply very well with the edge juice. Edge then came out with a newer version which could handle the new flash from the dealership. I had the same one on my truck and did the exact same thing. I got rid of it and i was planning on getting the newer version. I would try to find a used edge juice platinum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I had no idea this was a common symptom. I use my truck for work (DJing) and couldn't have it shut down on me while I'm trying to get to $2500+ gigs!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts