Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dvd player doesn't eject disks, nor does my 6 disc change in front.
So, rather than replacing these two crappy items with other crappy oem items I want to replace them with some decent aftermarket stuff.
I know everything required to put a new head unit in, and that's looking easy, but what about getting rid of the rear entertainment stuff?

When you remove it you have those huge holes in the headliner where it mounts. I would like to re-install the AC controls where they were and then put the new screen in the center and nothing where the DVD player is.
Has anyone done this?

My only thoughts are to reuse the entire entertainment bar and just fiber up a shelf of some sort where the DVD player was, and then remove the screen and perhaps screw the new screen into the spot where the old screen was? Would this work? Has anyone done it?

Any help would be great. 4 kids on a 10 hour trip with no dvd player sucks!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just took all electronics and left plastic stuff and made a couple brackets out of aluminum and hooked tvs too them via the straps on the tvs and ran all the wires through my duct work in ceiling !! I can take some pics if u want it looks ok bit I didnt put to much time into it cause I dont sit back there !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts