Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nuckin' Futz
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you guys hooked up a remote starter to your truck. What did you get and where did you get it. Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
i do it for best buy it is not a good idea for you to do it. it is a pain on our trucks. if you buy one the install is included so why not. if you do try good luck to you there are two sets of locks and the tac is easer to get to behind the cluster.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i will agree. get someone to install it for you cause it is a pain unless you know teh elctronics fo our trucks. i have the Aviatial 4400 and i love it. i can set it to start up 24hrs later and its has the turbo timer and alarm, starts up with the inside temp is below 0 degrees which it gets to here in chicago. and also if i am away on vaction i can set it up to start once a day for 1-60 min or every 3 days or so. i paid 345 installed. and teh install took about 2 hours but they tell they will keep for 4 hours or more. so i planned for half a day without the truck. good luck if you decide to install your self

·
Registered
214 Posts
yea most of the time we tell you is to answer dumb *** questions like are you shure you cant do this job that will get you fired yea three in two hours today.

·
Transmission or Injectors
743 Posts
I had a Nu-start NUS-2000 installed in my truck. It works great. I had it installed by a guy in town, and it was a very basic install. He did use the tach lead from behind the instrument cluster, and also had to tie into the "Wait to start" light so it knew the delay for the glow plugs.

I wired up my high idle control to the trunk button, since it wasnt being used anyways. I start it, let it warm up for a bit, then engage the high idle. It took some work to get the pulse output of the trunk release to work as a constant on, but once I got that figured out, it works great.

·
Banned
226 Posts
I installed a a viper 791xv in my truck. The guys are right. They are a pain to do. If you dont have any experience with electronics id also say have someone else do it. One wrong wire could fry the new alarm. But if you do want to install one I could give you pretty good instructions to get it done.

-Steve

·
Nuckin' Futz
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys ive got some ideas now. I am a mechanic in the airforce and surprisingly good at vehicle electrical systems...but ive had to take the dash out of a 97 F-350 and it wasn't fun. Plus if i have someone else do it and if they mess it up then they get to fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts