Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a tag under the hood of my used excursion that warned that the truck has a remote start. So I pushed the two buttons on my key remote and the truck turned over three times, trying to start. But it won't actually start. The Anti-theft light is on when it tries to start. I even left the key in the ignition, thinking that would satisfy the PATS, but it still just turns over three times without starting. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I don't really care to use the remote start, it's just that I can't stand having it installed without knowing how to use it! My OCD kicks in and I have to know how to operate it or else!

·
Registered
559 Posts
The remote start needs to be programmed to try to start longer. Is it factory? You can probably download the owners manual and find out how to program it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure if it is factory, but i think it is because the label under the hood is riveted in and has some paint overspray on it. It turns over for at least 5 seconds, plenty long enough to start, then it stops and repeats 2 more times for a total of 3 attempts. It just won't start. Not a big deal, but it bugs me.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I understand, it would bug me too.......It's bugging me and it's not even mine........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts