Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Remote Start and Kill SW

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  6riders 
#1 ·
I am thinking of getting an alarm with remote start but like many i would like to have more kill switch possibilities than the starter kill which is basically useless on our trucks.

so i started pondering on how to have a RS as well as 1 or more Kill Switches and this is what i came up with
do you guys think its gonna work or am i overlooking something.
please discuss.

See less See more
#2 ·
85 on the relay is the ground side -- but really makes no difference most of the time
and flip the diodes in your drawing

other than that, it should work as you mention
I would disconnect the power to the FICM relay, that way the would-be thief could still crank the engine, giving some time to discover the theft

the alarm system may already have a starter interrupt tho

#4 ·
PCM, not FICM. If no power to fuel pump.

It's an 18ga splice into the fuel pump power (circuit 787 Pink/Black stripe) under the master cylinder, pin 19 on connector C1381a at the PCM. Connector pin-outs and wire color can change depending on the model year.

For 2003.

Reactions: Hydro and jahcure04
#5 ·
PCM, not FICM. If no power to fuel pump.

It's an 18ga splice into the fuel pump power (circuit 787 Pink/Black stripe) under the master cylinder, pin 19 on connector C1381a at the PCM. Connector pin-outs and wire color can change depending on the model year.

For 2003.

View attachment 772441
So just to make sure interrupting this wire , still turns on the fuel pump but makes the pcm think that it is off thus it does not start.

I tried finding the post where you talked about that but no Bueno .. maybe it was one of mine .. have to do more digging.

Thanks Again :)

#6 ·
If you are going to interrupt it, it's easier to hunt off the PCM plug and splice in there. I've had discussions about doing that on another forum.

Reactions: jahcure04
#7 ·
An alarm with remote start will have a dual relay ignition interrupt. It's installed between the ignition wires under the column.
Another thing you can do is interrupt the fuel signal, using an auxiliary circuit (already on the alarm control box, for thing like trunk release). This would make it so you have to hit two buttons to start the truck when you activate it, but it gives you a second kill switch controlled by the alarm.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Im looking at the viper 5706v and trying to do what you mentioned witouth using a aux output to control the relay in the schematic above still thinking it trough.

I would have to let the installer know before hand how to program aux channel.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

#10 ·
OK, single relay, ignition wire to pin 85. starter kill input (from brain) (negative input) to pin 86. 87A starter interrupt, key side. 30 starter interrupt motor side.
So, you cut the starter wire, run key side to pin to 87A and the motor side to 30.....this is a negative trigger, so loosing power does not do anything negative, just kills the starter.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.