Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at piecing together my own oil bypass filter kit for my truck but I am having trouble finding an oil filter base to use. Anyone know of where to get one, or am I just better off buying a kit. I am up for the challenge. FYI I am looking at doing a single filter so that is the type of base I need.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
6,018 Posts
I don't know of anyone who has done a DIY bypass setup, but let us know how you make out...

BTW, maybe a junk yard? Depending on what size filter you wanted, you could adapt one from almost any vehicle couldn't you? :shrug: I really don't know...

later

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was surfing around on ebay for a filter base and came across these. Do any of these seem as though they would work? I would be changing out the barbed fittings for something a little less likely to leak, mainly for peace of mind. I was also wondering if anyone knew what the thread size and pitch is for Amsoil bypass filters as well as any other bypass filters? I know that the seller lists them as 1"-16 but I would just like to make sure and also see if there are some other filters that would fit it.

Item 1
Item 2
Item 3

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just one other question. You guys that are always giving Baldwin Part numbers, where do you find them. I have tried their site and it seems that you need a part number to find anything. Can you call them up and order a catalog or something?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Toddy,

I meant how do you find the Baldwin part numbers to begin with? Their site is not to helpful with finding out a part number. It seems that you need a part number to find anything on the website.

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking at your information I am sure you have seen Amsoil if not you might give them a thought.

Here is a link to the filter the new Bmk21 is the bmk11 Here
And here is the info on it Here
Bill

·
Registered
92 Posts
not trying to give baldwin a hard way to go but installed an amsoil single filter bypass kit on a 12 cummins i use to have when it was time to chane the fliter i made a threaded adapter fitting to screw into the amsoil base and then the baldwin filter would screw onto it. filter were a lot cheaper. only down fall found out shortly after that the baldwin b164 filter only filters down to about 15 microns absolute were the amsoil is around 2 or 3 i think. [email protected] this is there email were i bought my colant filter and base very reasonable if this helps any although i found the numbers in other places.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.