Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my truck (’05 250 CC) for about three months now. When I bought it no key fobs came with it. I pick two up and my local dealership and had no trouble programming them. My truck is my daily driver and I have had no troubles with the remote lock/unlock until yesterday. I drove home and locked the truck and then came out later to get something and the remote did not work. I tried the second fob and nothing. The buttons on the inside for the power locks work fine on both doors and the key pad works fine too. I have checked the fuse and it’s good too, figured it would be with the power locks working but it only takes a second to check. I have tried to re-program the remotes but I can’t get the truck back into program mode (cycling the on-off 8 times). So what should I check next? :dunno:

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I'm slowly starting to have the same problem. Every once in a while my will not work then it just starts working again... Here's a bump to the top. Hopefully someone has an answer

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I dont have the fob issue but my door code seems to have the same issues you are having from time to time.:beer:

·
SoCal-F350 6.0
12 Posts
My 2005 Lariat 6.0 has had this same intermittent problem with the remote door locks. The fuse will last for 2 to 3 weeks and then blow out. I put in a new fuse and it won't work. I unlock it manually for 3 days or so and walla!! the remote magically works again. I thought it might be a chafed wire, but I'm not for sure. Could it be a Relay?

Also, inside the cab, I have the radio that on cool mornings will not come for about 5 minutes. The Air conditioner that won't come on on hot days until I stop the engine and restart.

There has to be something common about all of these problems. I would like to get a wiring schematic for these functions. If anyone knows where I could get one, besides the Dealer, I would appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.