Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay the little joystick that adjust the mirrors is acting up and i don't know anything about those so hopefully someone will know how to fix it.
When trying to adjust the passenger side mirror, it won't move it to the right...all other directions work. When i switch it to adjust the drivers side all directions work?
Is it in the mirror or the joystick? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John...anyone else have any experience with this problem?

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
never had any problems with mine, and I agree with John Wayne. I would start at the mirror.

is there anything physically keeping it from moving, Someone suck a bunch of trash behind my buddies mirror and it kept it from moving

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there anything physically keeping it from moving, Someone suck a bunch of trash behind my buddies mirror and it kept it from moving
I don't think so...i can adjust it by hand and it moves freely. :dunno:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Clay,
I have the same joy stick in the truck as my wife has in the Explorer. The problem we had was the joy would operate the driver side mirror, but not the pass side (it didn't move at all). I took the switch out and proceeded to check the switch by an Ohm test. The joy connections were bad. I had juice coming into the unit, but the contacts inside the joy woukld not connect when it was moved to operate the mirrors. Let me check at the house tonight. I may have an extra one that I bought as a "just in case"

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clay,
I have the same joy stick in the truck as my wife has in the Explorer. The problem we had was the joy would operate the driver side mirror, but not the pass side (it didn't move at all). I took the switch out and proceeded to check the switch by an Ohm test. The joy connections were bad. I had juice coming into the unit, but the contacts inside the joy woukld not connect when it was moved to operate the mirrors. Let me check at the house tonight. I may have an extra one that I bought as a "just in case"

Sweet! Let me know how much you need for it!

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Clay,
did you ever get this fixed?
No, waiting to hear back from this fella.

·
Berm Buster
527 Posts
Mine do not work at all. I have tested everything but the motors. The switch is good. I cleaned all the contacts. It weird because all the motors get power to them. But what i dont get is how do 4 motors just go bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts