• Unreliable

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,751 Posts
Why would you want a threaded barrel on a micro pistol? Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
My first 1911 was a Springfield and it went back to the manufacture twice. Very unreliable. I sold it and bought a Kimber Gold Cup and that ran like a champ. I was so impressed with it I bought a ultra CDP Elite and a stainless Target in 10mm.
I’ve since heard they’ve started putting MIM parts in them and cheapened them but I’ve been out of the 1911 game for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Why would you want a threaded barrel on a micro pistol? Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?
It was on sale and LGS only had the threaded barrel version. I have considered just buying a non threaded barrel but it doesn't change the conceal ability of it for me. Probably never use the threaded barrel feature other than to play around with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My first 1911 was a Springfield and it went back to the manufacture twice. Very unreliable. I sold it and bought a Kimber Gold Cup and that ran like a champ. I was so impressed with it I bought a ultra CDP Elite and a stainless Target in 10mm.
I’ve since heard they’ve started putting MIM parts in them and cheapened them but I’ve been out of the 1911 game for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read the negative stuff on MIM before I bought both of mine. I decided that if I had a failure I would just replace the MIM part. Years later and lots of rounds down range and I have not a failure in a MIM part. Kimber seems to be one of the most hated 1911 manufactures. Springfield also uses MIM parts and you don't see many folks complaining about them. It's all just internet hype.

·
Premium Member
7,751 Posts
I read the negative stuff on MIM before I bought both of mine. I decided that if I had a failure I would just replace the MIM part. Years later and lots of rounds down range and I have not a failure in a MIM part. Kimber seems to be one of the most hated 1911 manufactures. Springfield also uses MIM parts and you don't see many folks complaining about them. It's all just internet hype.
I never understood the Kimber haters, they do use MIM but they make really nice guns in the USA. Love to have a Classic 84L in .270, I used to have a Win model 70 featherweight in .270 and I like that caliber for hunting

·
Premium Member
7,751 Posts
My '06 has been super reliable. It only has 112,000 miles on it though.
LOL, welcome to the ORG.

BTW you do realize this is a gun thread right? Or did your 1911 ride with you for 112,000 miles. :poke
(you have a 6.0 so all is forgiven, we're all slightly crazy)

Reactions: voodooridr
21 - 28 of 28 Posts