Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall I've got 47k on my 08 6.4...mods in signature...but I've got a delima. I'm thinking about possibly deleting my EGR. I've already deleted the DPF, but really the only thing left to remove is the EGR system. My question is this...is it really worth knowingly voiding my warranty? As a former 6.0 Owner...I want to do it for peace of mind...but I know the 6.4's don't have a very big record of having EGR issues...I just want reliability and longevity. Opinions? Gripes? Praises?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I've put mine off and I just turned 50k the other day. Been telling myself that if I don't have any issues before 50k I'd go ahead and delete it. The only thing I worry about on this truck is the EGR. Only time it's seen a dealer was to order a new AC vent that broke. Might be a B-day present to myself next month.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya...the only thing mine was at the dealer for was a transmission fluid leak at the radiator when I first bought it...man IDK

·
Registered
994 Posts
Do it. I was in the same boat 15k miles ago. 2010 with full warranty. I was so nervous. But it's been a great decision this far. Great peace of mind too. Less room for failure. My 2 cents. Just rolled 43k miles, 25 in one year.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
yup went through this desicion myself few months ago with more than a year left on my warranty. bye bye egrs. more space in engine bay especially easy to get to tstats.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yep, I'm going to be doing this pretty soon. Probably wait until it cools off some down south. Figure it's better to go ahead and do it sooner rather than waiting for warranty to be up. Figure it's kinda silly to leave all the stuff that would probably do all the harm to the engine in the first place.

·
Registered
994 Posts
this was my logic exactly. then i saw a pic of an '08's intake manifold with 100K miles untuned and it gave me nightmares (soot so caked in the manifold it almost blocked the air passages...looked like smokers lungs!)...i was literally losing sleep over the decision. then, woke up one morning and said screw worrying about something that is hurting the longevity of my investment. Screw the EPA, and screw my DPF/EGR Coolers. Needless to say, l sleep better now...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I MIGHT do it...but I'm gonna take it in for the CAC issue it's having with all this rain we've had in Florida. (The TSB 11-2-2). Plus...I'm working on getting my old 6.0 (The white one in the middle at the top of the Forum header) as a second vehicle and a daily driver...mainly because I've been putting alot of miles on my 6.4 and wanna keep it nice and low mileage...u know..more of a road trip/weekend truck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My EGR took a crap back in November. It only had about 60-65,000 miles on it. It stuck open and needless to say caused a big headache. It was replaced under warranty with the "new" version of the EGR. I haven't deleted mine, but I do have it disabled. Probably not as good... but hopefully better than leaving it as is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts