Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, like everyone else would like more mileage...F-350 3.73 rear end..Automatic 4X4 Off Road....getting around 14.5 town and 16 interstate...I have no problem deleting the DPF and adding a programmer.. The only issue is that I have seen several on here say that this did not help MPG... I don't want to dump a grand into this and not see real improvement..I'm not talking about 1 to 2 mpg......I use to be able to say a grand could put a lot of fuel in her but now can say that is about 6 fill-ups...lol

:icon_ford:

·
Registered
387 Posts
The only mod I've got on my truck is the DPF/Cat delete with an SCT LiveWire and I went from 15-17mpg to 19-22 in ideal conditions. This means flat country no wind.

Defiantly helps with towing, I regened every 250 miles on a 1200 mile trip while towing a 25' gooseneck horse trailer. Started off getting 14.7 mpg and ended up at 11.5 after regens.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Seems like we have similar trucks and were getting similar numbers 12-14 city 16-18 hwy. I did the Spartan dpf delete and and am honestly getting 3-4 better.:nod: Bear in mind I have not run a full tank of fuel but I reset my avg mpg on the highway and on town runs to see what mpg's I'm getting. I am by no means babying it and probably could do a little better driving like a grandpa.:hehe:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts