Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
After over 2k miles my truck regens every 350 miles give or take about 25. The regens last right around 10 minutes.

This is a mix of city and highway, non-towing. I always pay attention to the message center to catch the message or notice the milage drop on the instant mileage screen. When the milage bumps back up to normal I consider it complete. My AVG milage on the display is 17. Regens will drop it down .1 or .2 points.

I've only pulled my trailer out once and it didn't seem to have any affect on the regen interval, but it was only about a 70 mile haul and 6k lbs.

I'm a very happy camper. This puts the 6.4l to shame in a big way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Absolutely oil dilution is an issue!! Pull a sample at 3k, 4k, and 5k and have it analyzed at the local cat dealer. Only cost about $16.00.

·
Registered
82 Posts
On the first 2011 F250 I had, I noticed the regen message every 120 - 160 miles. Even when I was hauling and running hard on the highway. In the city, running empty and in traffic I had some 80 mile in between regen cycles.

NOW, in my new 2011 F350 I haven't noticed the regen message ONCE in the first 400 miles I have driven it...

Granted this is only two trucks I had any real wheel time behind, but they are operating very differently.

I REALLY REALLY wish there was a light on the dash when a regen was occuring.

Last night, I was watching the fuel mileage closely and didn't notice the slight drop when cruising like the F250 would do. I also drove 300 miles at night and when than 4.2" screen changes it is very noticeable.

I don't know what to think now - other than everything is operating normally.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I know when mine has regened or was in the middle of regen when I stop. You can smell it when getting out of your truck. A funky burned smell eminates from the truck. I still rarely see a notification on my display. All in all, still happy with the truck. I average 15 mpg all around driving which seems on par with a one-ton 4X4 truck and predisposition of heavy right foot!!

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
when i went to training on the 6.7 they told us it was supposed to regen 17 times less than the 6.4. it seems like it's still regenerating the same amount but it's probably using a lot less fuel than a 6.4 regen

atleast fuel mileage is significantly better

·
Registered
160 Posts
i cant wait for a tune to get rid of the regen.....it is happening every 2 days or so now. I drove a bit more this week, but it is still excessive. Any solutions on the horizon?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes... But knows when it will be released.

And if you live in certain states you will be putting it back on every year for emissions testing/inspection.

I hear the peoples republic of california is looking at requiring older year diesels to retrofit DPF's... This should be interesting to see...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just turned 35,000 miles miles on my 2011 250 Crew Cab since May 18th, including a Connecticut to LA and back run. Not a single problem so far. Amazing truck. Absolutely love it. 90mph most of the way there and back. Stopped twice. One ticket in AZ for 92/65. Got 16.2 for the total round trip of 8,500 miles. 16.7 on the computer since the day it was new. Wish I could have the 20" tires and the taller gear than a 3.55. I don't tow much.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I KNEW IT. I smelled something this afternoon with 350 miles on the truck. It happened for about 5 minutes and then just went away, no light either....it wasn't oil, it wasn't coolant, it was just weird...I'm trying to figure out what it could be.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The only way I can describe the smell, is.....pretend it is what Al Gore's farts smell like?..

·
Registered
52 Posts
I haven't noticed any smell when the truck regen's, but usually it is on highway driving. You do notice a difference in mileage during the cycle. The truck seems to only regen about once per tank.

·
a known holder of grudges
2,055 Posts
I hear the peoples republic of california is looking at requiring older year diesels to retrofit DPF's... This should be interesting to see...
I also heard this.... what a load of horse pooie. What a way to stick to the diesel smoke huffers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well since I own an old 7.3 The great state of California will never see me step foot in it again if they try this crap. The sad part is I am a native of that horse crap state

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well since I own an old 7.3 The great state of California will never see me step foot in it again if they try this crap. The sad part is I am a native of that horse crap state
Well said......:icon_ford:

61 - 80 of 92 Posts