Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a chance to check the lie-o-meter yesterday, filled up and reset everything to check mileage on the interstate. Set cruise at 72 and drove about 70 miles and was avg. 16.9 then it went into regen for about 15 min, when it finished the lie-o-meter came back up with 14.2 avg. :doh::dunno:

Sorry just had to vent!:tard:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've been using the Ford brand cetane booster for the past several weeks. My truck does not regen as often and is getting almost 2mpg, hand calculated, better since.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
You are always going to be battling the Greenie BS until you go SPARTAN and a CLEAN EXHAUST...

BTW, you can hollow out the CAT and DPF and it looks stock... Seen one, runs cool and clean.....

The 6.4 is a SOLID engine, Bed Plate instead of normal Main Bearing Caps makes it massively strong. Top end with a good lube oil in the ULSD or Bio Diesel, and we are likely to have the best Ford Diesel right now....

Time will tell, but I think Navistar built a SUPER Engine to try and save the Ford Diesel, and I think the 6.4 could be an over 500,000 mile engine with good care, frequent oil changes, dewatering of diesel, and top end lube added to the ULSD..

I am running 200 to 1 TC-W3 Outboard Two Stroke oil in the ULSD, engine quiet, smooth, sounds like it will run forever..

09 F-450, KR CC 4x4, SPARTAN 210 Tow Performance, Air Brakes, Air Suspension over, Gooseneck, BAD BOY....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts