Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If things don't change and I make it to next Monday It will have been a full month since my truck has gone into regen. Just wondering if I should at all be concerned about this? Seems like a long time to go without one.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Chance are you have not seen the massage that it is doing one.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Chance are you have not seen the massage that it is doing one.
X2

Unless you have something like the Edge Insight that will notify you the WHOLE time you are going through a regen you probably are just missing it.

IF you really haven't regened in a month I'd be worried. Something could be wrong with the DPF, and the truck could either go into limp mode or constant regen.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In fact I do have the Edge Insight. Haven't seen a single indication.

The last time it went into regen was when I had my hyper extended thermostat and it was in reduced power mode.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would be.... Talked to my service advisor about the main cause of damage to #8 cylinder and she said mainly because didn't regen when it was supposed to.. My .02

·
Registered
769 Posts
... the main cause of damage to #8 cylinder and she said mainly because didn't regen when it was supposed to
I thought it was damaged because of the regen pumping too much fuel in the cylinders and washing the lubrication away.

Explain?

And yes, I might be concerned if I was supposed to have a regens and wasn't having them. How many miles have you logged since the last one?

·
Registered
152 Posts
In fact I do have the Edge Insight. Haven't seen a single indication.

The last time it went into regen was when I had my hyper extended thermostat and it was in reduced power mode.
Then I would take it to have it looked at. :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke too soon. It tried to this morning on my way to work but it was just as I pulled into the parking lot. Was ready to go for a long drive when it kicked back on on the way home. Was on for a whopping 6 min then shut off. I never really logged how many miles it was since the last one.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mine likes to regen just b4 i park as well. Crazy how that works. I need to just spend the money and delete.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine likes to regen just b4 i park as well. Crazy how that works. I need to just spend the money and delete.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I could delete asap but I can't afford a tuner at this time. Do you guys think 6 whole minutes was even enough time to clean anything? Kinda seems odd. My 2012 Jetta lasted about 15-20min every time it went into regen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts