Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have 2 white superduty f250 diesels. one a 2008 deleted crew cab with 144000 miles - the other a shiny new 2019 with 1200 miles. I've been spoiled by having an edge on the 2008 since 30k which told me when it went into regen- so far the new one hasn't given me a clue. how often do the 6.7 regen? and what is the best tuner/monitor to use on these?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
You can either have the dealer turn on the DPF status screen or you can do it yourself with forscan. It will tell you how full the filter is full. Then you just have to watch the fuel milage and see when it drops to know it actually started.

Attachments

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
I moved up from a 06 to 19 so regens are new to me, and the 19 doesn’t tell me when. Can I ask why it’s beneficial to know? And a filter? Is this something that needs to be replaced periodically? Hate emissions crap and will remove it in future but for now keeping engine warrenty in tact

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
The filter is in the DPF itself and won't need replacing until the DPF dies. I've seen people getting over 150k out of them. It's good to know so you can keep driving your truck until the regen is finished. If you shut the truck off while it's in regen it's my understanding the next time you start it up it will go back into the regen and start all over. Someone correct me on that if I'm wrong though.

Reactions: jetjock15

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Ok that makes sense. So would shutdown hurt anything or is it just wasted fuel if it starts over?

·
Premium Member
11,686 Posts
Mostly just wasted fuel and time, but you have already said you're not concerned with fuel mileage so no biggie for you. Then again, with the mpg you posted the other day, yours may be in continuous regen. :hehe:

Reactions: jetjock15

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I don't do too much highway driving, but got told best thing is when you see the message come up, just hop on the highway and let it clean itself out for about 20 min. I find that to be super annoying though lol. Granted, I'm deleted now but will have to put it back on for a sticker. I could tell easily when it was in regen as the mileage dropped with ease.

·
Just a Husband and Dad
97 Posts
The filter is in the DPF itself and won't need replacing until the DPF dies. I've seen people getting over 150k out of them. It's good to know so you can keep driving your truck until the regen is finished. If you shut the truck off while it's in regen it's my understanding the next time you start it up it will go back into the regen and start all over. Someone correct me on that if I'm wrong though.
What I have experienced with my 2018 is that the regen will stop when you park or stop your truck, then wait until it is at 100% full before starting to regen again. Mine only will regen at higher constant speeds. I drive more highway miles than city. So what usually happens, the truck will go into regen and either complete or if I stop anywhere and the regen is at say 20% it will not immediately start regen when I start the truck again. It will stop the regen process and wait until 100% full, then regen again. Also my truck will stop regen when parked after a minute or so stationary.

Make sense?

·
Registered
157 Posts
So, I have 2 white superduty f250 diesels. one a 2008 deleted crew cab with 144000 miles - the other a shiny new 2019 with 1200 miles. I've been spoiled by having an edge on the 2008 since 30k which told me when it went into regen- so far the new one hasn't given me a clue. how often do the 6.7 regen? and what is the best tuner/monitor to use on these?
I did a video to try and explain this.

I also did a video on OCR for the 17+ using my truck as an example.

Also this video I cover how many miles per regen within the first 10k miles of my truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts