Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night i was sitting at a light and my truck decided to go into regen. I only have 1500 miles on it so this is only the third time my truck has done it. I was wonderin if its normal for the truck to shake when its going through it. It was like every 30 seconds and the truck would vibrate like it was idleing funny. Its the first time ive noticed it, just wanted to make sure its normal

·
Registered
142 Posts
mine would run like total crap when it would kick in until I had an update/flash from ford back when I had a dpf. Might need a trip to the dealer. I didnt think they were supposed to kick in while under 35 mph also.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This isnt the first time its started while i was goin under 35. It always seems to do it when i sittin still. And this time it was right before i was about to stop for fuel. So i had to shut it off. When i started it back up after filling up i drove down the highway at 55-60 for 10 minutes and tried to get it to start again so i could get it over with but it wouldnt do it. This dpf stuff sucks! It almost makes me miss my 6.0s and 7.3. I cant wait til i can afford to pull that stuff off my truck!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Mine shakes and rattles sometimes when in regen if ive been sitn idling for a long time. I sat on location at our drilling rig the other night. Idled for 6 hours and never went into regen. That whole DPF crap is confusing...........

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
it should not regen below 30. go into ford, comment that its trying to regen at idle. theres a flash to correct it

·
Registered
693 Posts
I got the recall letter FoMoCo sent me in the mail the other day, just havent had time to take in for reflash...

·
Registered
171 Posts
This recall has been out for awhile now. But it is only going to be out for a limited time. You need to take your truck into the dealer and make sure there is a recall out for it. The recall only lasts until December 31st 2009. The reflash will tell the driver when its in regen on the instrument cluster(if you dont already have this) it will also change the perameters when it will go into regent. It will not go into regen at idle anymore. Note, this recall will make the truck go into regen more frequently but it will be in regen for a less amount of time.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
I asked my dealer about my truck doing the regen cycle while it was idling at a stop, the service tech said that its something new for 2010 trucks, said they all are able to clean themselves at idle, which I thought was odd.

-BG06.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I recently tuned my truck back to stock, but left my Dash Daq up just to see how mine acted during regen. What yall are saying makes sense, During the regen period, at the red light it was around 600 - 700 degrees, and at a cruising speed of 50, it bounced around to 1200 - 1300(not even pressing it hard, just cruising). I didn't get it on the highway, I was on my way to work, it was city driving. But at every red light, it would come back down to 700ish. And when I finally stopped at work, I sat there for a couple mins to see what it would do. AFTER I put the truck in park and sat there a couple mins, the temp came back down to 400ish.

·
Registered
27 Posts
regen and a whistling noise at 1,200 rpm

my truck goes into regen at 150-225 miles and only when i need to be somewhere. Also i have a strange whistle from the turbos while coasting at 35-40mph. anyone else?

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
The recall should have provided you with a letter explaining regeneration characteristics. Every truck I have ever driven has regenerated below 35mph (regardless of calibration level), however they no longer regenerate in park as they did on the job 1 trucks.

Yes, the turbos will make weird noises during regen.

6-700 degrees seems about normal for regen at a stoplight, and 12-1300 seems normal at cruise.

There is currently a later calibration available than that recall, but it's to resolve some driveability concerns and false check engine lights.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have all kinds of wierd noises when mine goes into regen. Have you noticed at close to the end of the cycle how it sounds like the turbos are cycling back and forth? I can only hear it when I am going 35-45 mph.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts