Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was for my 06 350 DRW. So far so good. I did noticed better mpg while on the highway. The lie-o-meter did not show it but the fuel remaining in the tank did. I took a trip up to Virgina, 6 hours round trip, and when I got back I still had just little over a 1/4 of a tank. When I did the same trip, pulling the same load, with the 4:30s I would have been on empty. It was expensive to do. $1800. But over the life of the truck, and diesel prices, Im sure it will pay for itself. 90% of my driving is on the highway. Next is the rest of the mods. Tuner,exhaust,gauges and intake. They have been ordered just waiting for them to come in.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good deal Scott I've been thinking a bout doing mine. What did you get for your mods?
SCT,MBRP 4 inch turbo back,quadzilla gauges. I might do the studs in July. I can handle buying them but the install is going to hurt.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got the new Edge insight, I had the commander and switched, you order your stuff already? if not let me know

Whats the difference between the two?

·
Registered
559 Posts
they've been having some issues with the commander coming dead from the factory, plus the Edge uses the OBDII port so the only thing you have to do is drill and tap for your EGT probe, with the unit hooked into your OBDII port you can check any function the computer reads

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can it be mounted below the A-pillar handle so I can keep the handle?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Attitude pods will fit the Insight, and they have one that fits below the handle so you can keep it. Talk to Raul at Stealth Automotive. He sells the Edge modules.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
what were your rpm with 430's because i have a lift with 35's and stock 373gears and thinking of going to 430's

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what were your rpm with 430's because i have a lift with 35's and stock 373gears and thinking of going to 430's

At 70mph with the 430's I was at 2350 give or take. With the 373's im at 1850.
At 78mph with the 430's I was at 2650 give or take. With the 373's im at 2150.
I have stock tires.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I dont know if my gears will fit your truck but if your interested shoot me a pm. They had 24000 miles on them when I replaced them.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
This was for my 06 350 DRW. So far so good. I did noticed better mpg while on the highway. The lie-o-meter did not show it but the fuel remaining in the tank did. I took a trip up to Virgina, 6 hours round trip, and when I got back I still had just little over a 1/4 of a tank. When I did the same trip, pulling the same load, with the 4:30s I would have been on empty. It was expensive to do. $1800. But over the life of the truck, and diesel prices, Im sure it will pay for itself. 90% of my driving is on the highway. Next is the rest of the mods. Tuner,exhaust,gauges and intake. They have been ordered just waiting for them to come in.
Cool deal man. It's funny, If I drove 6 hours I would still be in Texas. Some folks can drive 2hrs and be in another state.
Just on my mind after reading your thread. Sorry I'm a :tard: like that

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool deal man. It's funny, If I drove 6 hours I would still be in Texas. Some folks can drive 2hrs and be in another state.
Just on my mind after reading your thread. Sorry I'm a :tard: like that

LOL... yeah I was driving north. If I drive west it will take me around 6.5 hours to hit Tenn.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts