Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, New to this game. Where does my engine redline at? Bythe way it makes power so quick now, it just can't be at 325x100. Thanks. Next week the new fuel system goes in! ITP regulated return w/ bowl delete, AirDog, in tank mods, A1000 pump, and all new lines.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
According to Jody the redline is 3600rpm. It starts pulling fuel out at 3350rpm and there is no advantage in running it past there. That is why it shifts at 3300rpm.

What made you decide to go with an A1000 pump? What injectors are you running? Everything else looks rock solid for your fuel system.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I won't get injectors until after I go for big oil. I know that I don't need the pump yet , but I'm trying to lay a killer foundation down. The pump was the last link in the fuel system, so I finnished the system. Did I choose the wrong pump?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
By the way I shift not It, manual trans. Thank you very much for the info. I'll tell you what, It gets up there pretty quick. I gots to be careful.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
A1000 pumps have been known to die. That is why a few vendors(big power vendors) stopped carrying them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since it's sitting on my table right now I guess I might be stuck with it. I doubt I can replace it Before my install. What would be a better choice? Or should I say the best pump.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Where did you get your A1000?

So far the raptor pump($359) and the marine grade Aeromotive pump($432) are the only pumps that carry a diesel warranty.

The other options are the Bosch 044($200+) and the Walbro GSL392($100-$120). I and a few others run the Walbro and they handle my B codes injectors just fine. The walbro maintains 62psi under any condition I can throw at it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it from Jegs. I'm reading their return policy now. It looks like they will take it back, but for store credit only. Where and what do I want?

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I will take it to PM's from here. I don't want to get in trouble for derailing your thread. PM coming shortly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts