Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
This was a great write up. While I was doing my BPD oil cooler I noticed I had oil leaking past the seal. Your set by step instructions helped me to rebuild my turbo and save some serious cash. It was pretty cool to see how it all worked and the pictures and instructions made it possible for me to do it in the first place. Thanks again!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just wanted to share my turbo rebuild status almost one year later. I followed this awesome step by step thread and a bit of googlin of course. Anyways my turbo is working perfectly and has never farted once. One thing in particular I wanted to share, now that my turbo has survived my rebuild this long is what I used to clean my turbine housing (Iron part only). I used Evaporust, soaking for about one day. final cleaning was rather easy using a narrow wood chisel to get the remaining carbon off. I used antisieze on new vanes / new unison ring during reassembly. Initially I had concerns that the Evaporust would remove to much material, but I will use it next time with no worries. I would NOT get any Evaporust on the turbine shaft.

Chet

·
Premium Member
11,680 Posts
Would you look at that......wait long enough and PB gives the pictures back :rofl:
WTH, that would have saved me some grief had I known. Oh well, they can still KMA.

·
Banned
147 Posts
Whose parts did you use? I've got an 05 6.0 with 105k. I was going to get a rebuild kit that has new veins and a plate with and bushings. Should I replace the vgt sensor while it's apart?

·
Super Moderator
12,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
I get all my stuff through KC Turbos these days. You absolutely can't beat the quality and the customer service.

You shouldn't need to replace the VGT solenoid unless it's giving you an issue.

201 - 209 of 209 Posts