Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m probably going to be pulling my motor over the winter to reseal my oil pan. And while I’m doing that I wanna make sure I do as much as needed to reduce frustration down the road. I do plan on doing head studs, valve springs, push rods and vibration dampener. The truck has 280k on it and I’m not sure the time of failure of anything else. Shoot me some ideas that I could use. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
19,397 Posts
Check your up-pipes and their collector. Might want to check the o-rings for the turbo, its pedestal. All easier to get to when the engine is out.
Maybe check you oil cooler down by the filter.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Currently at 238/100 with a 38r. I’ll eventually get a T4 with a s369sxe. And maybe go up to a 300 injector.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Those are big injectors and a pretty wicked turbo setup. It might not be something you want to get into but I would seriously consider Crower rods and a girdle at that power level. It all depends on tuning and how you drive the truck, but if you’re going to be running it to it’s full potential with those mods, I wouldn’t want a stock bottom end. Even if you have forged rods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The injectors won’t be for a long time. The s369sxe will be sometime next year. Which is why I’m gonna do my valvetrain now. It’s my daily/work truck so I don’t rip it at the strip every weekend or race light to light. I’ll get into it to pass someone or if I’m feeling frisky. But that’s not too often. I’ve also kicked around the idea of headers and a cam.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I would have an oil analysis done before you pull it. That way if you have a main or something going bad you can fix it while its apart.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Tear the whole engine down and re-seal everything. Get a new Melling LPOP, good time for a new oil cooler. If you don't plan on tearing everything apart make sure you at least re-seal the rear cover.

Get rods or reconsider your future planned set up. The potential is there to cost a ton more down the road if you go that way and don't set it up now.

275/100s and a 369SXE can poke a stock rod out where you don't want it, I've seen it happen

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
New exhaust manifolds, they are much easier to get to with the engine out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts