Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have just ordered a GT3788va for my 2005 6.0ltr. I am looking at some advice on what size injectors I should be looking at. I am looking for a fun daily driver but nothing ridiculous power/torque wise. Currently I am running an SCT 3015 w/ looney wild tune from Vivian, Air Dog 2, XDP Fuel sump,Afe stage 2 air intake and Edge insight for monitoring my parameters. EGR is deleted and head studs are done. I am looking for an injector that will give me some increased power but not sacrafice too much reliability. I was also curious if anyone has any first hand experience with the Batmowheel in the GT3788va.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Warren diesel injectors. Do you tow alot?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I should have added my driving habit to the post. I do hardly any towing whatsoever. The extent of it would maybe be a 1000lb generator/light plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
i'm assuming the turbo you ordered was a powermax? I'd probably go 175/75's

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it was the Garrett Powermax Turbo through Vivian at Quicktricks.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Yeah definitely go through Jesse at Warren Diesel. He is a GREAT guy to do business with. Also I just sent in a set of cores so if you order first thing monday they will be there for him to build you a set lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Running 175/75's and the Powermax should i consider doing any Tranny upgrades? I'd like to have all my bases covered before i do any substantial upgrades so that i dont do injectors and then say have to do a tranny haha obviously some things are unpredictable but under normal circumstances

·
Registered
177 Posts
I plan on doing the 175/75 from warrens myself. Seems like many guys do the same setup without doing any tranny mods. Maybe you should just look into the gogo solenoid and the 6.4 pan and filter. That's basically the same setup I plan to run

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
A stock trans if your tuning is good, will take some abuse and hold together with little over 500hp. As long as your trans is in good shape and your tuning is spot on.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the tranny only has about 30,000km on it so I would sure hope that it is in good condition. As far as tuning goes, I have been getting all of my tunes through Vivian and have been very happy with product and absolutely blown away by the customer service. Not to say it isn't up here in Canada but, I've yet to see the kind of service i have received from her.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would do 175/75s. That would be a good fun setup where you shouldnt have to worry about the tranny that much. You could also look at 155's.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Vivian aka A+++++ lady!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
26 Posts
I love my Casserly 190/75s. I heard some mixed reviews about Warren. The 190s run a little hot, and I'm going to need a transmission. I never tow though, 175/75s would be tow friendly/cooler even more so 155/75s.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts