Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LawDog - Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 f-250 4x4 crew cab 6.0. I was wondering if you guys could help with air box info. What is the best air box to install? The truck is bone stock with 20,000 mile on it. Any info. would be helpful.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
stocker. If I had to recommend one it would be S&B though or AFE.

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
The stock air box on the 6.0L is sufficient for most applications. The only reason you would need to use an aftermarket airbox is when you start adding high horsepower mods, such as a bigger turbo or injectors. Otherwise I would stick with the stock airbox and spend your money elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
What we sell alot of for the 6.0l is the AFE Progaurd7 OEM replacement filter. The factory filter costs between 60 and 80 bucks depending on your dealership. Atleast with the AFE you can pull it out and clean it.

Discount Power Parts

Welcome to Powerstroke.org!

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
If you are not going to add extra power in the sense of a programmer then I would stick wit h the stock box. I put on a banks intake and have been really happy with it. Some of that is due to the fact that I like to clean my air filters instead of having to go purchase new ones and the other part is I.... well I think that it rounds out the mods on my truck in the sense of getting more air flow through the motor

·
Registered
203 Posts
Stock one unless you're pushing 500+ HP. When your stock one gets dirty, you could perhaps upgrade to an OEM equivalent that you can clean...but personally, I'd just keep it stock

·
Registered
578 Posts
Stock one unless you're pushing 500+ HP. When your stock one gets dirty, you could perhaps upgrade to an OEM equivalent that you can clean...but personally, I'd just keep it stock
:agree::agree:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts