Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Any recommendations on a trustworthy shop to do heads on a 2003 Ford 6.0? I expect I need the heads resurfaced, new gasket, and head studs.

I plan to test my coolant pressure under load after seeing coolant pool around cap. I thought about replacing the original degas bottle but if the pressure increases under load then it may be the head gasket.

2003 Ford Excursion 6.0
New Ford 6.0 degass cap, only ELC coolant, coolant filter, aggressive maintenance schedule. Runs well.
No coolant and oil mixing.
No coolant in exhaust.
Test of coolant at idle did not show exhaust gas.

@bismic

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Any recommendations on a trustworthy shop to do heads on a 2003 Ford 6.0? I expect I need the heads resurfaced, new gasket, and head studs.

I plan to test my coolant pressure under load after seeing coolant pool around cap. I thought about replacing the original degas bottle but if the pressure increases under load then it may be the head gasket.

2003 Ford Excursion 6.0
New Ford 6.0 degass cap, only ELC coolant, coolant filter, aggressive maintenance schedule. Runs well.
No coolant and oil mixing.
No coolant in exhaust.
Test of coolant at idle did not show exhaust gas.

@bismic
Sorry, not familiar with any in that area.
*I have been going to Mass Diesel&Performance in Bellingham MA for over 15 years now. When it comes to taking care of my 2002 Ford F350 with the 7.3 power-stroke, MDP is the only diesel shop I can recommend!
Scott Hovey is the owner and will take good care of your issues.
Unfortunately it can take 3 to 4 weeks to get you into his shop, he is that busy
Mikeee T

· Premium Member
2,155 Posts
If you need a SHOP to remove the heads. If u can drive. Morin diesel in Portland CT is really good.

East Hartford Machine works will redo your gears for about 1100/1500 w : orings. Not familiar w mass to sorry. But CT is close depending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you need a SHOP to remove the heads. If u can drive. Morin diesel in Portland CT is really good.

East Hartford Machine works will redo your gears for about 1100/1500 w : orings. Not familiar w mass to sorry. But CT is close depending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*I have been going to Mass Diesel&Performance in Bellingham MA for over 15 years now. When it comes to taking care of my 2002 Ford F350 with the 7.3 power-stroke, MDP is the only diesel shop I can recommend!
Scott Hovey is the owner and will take good care of your issues.
Unfortunately it can take 3 to 4 weeks to get you into his shop, he is that busy
Mikeee T
thanks Mikee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.