Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Recommendations For F350

6K views 83 replies 17 participants last post by  bismic 
Aeroscout,

I bought in 2016 (127K miles) almost the exact same truck you now have. I had a 2006 F350 4x4 KR, however it was stolen from my driveway in May of 2020. Anyway, mine was bone stock also and I kept it that way. Used mostly motorcraft parts and did all the stock upgrades you find mentioned on this site such as blue spring, stand pipe & dummy plug kit, changed to ELC coolant, cleaned EGR valve regularly, STC fitting (a must), replaced IPR screen and o-rings. Lost the Turbo replaced with Garrett Power Master also Radiator (Mishimoto). Loved the truck and had no plans for a new one yet someone else did:( I also had a reader to keep an eye on the drivetrain.

Good luck and enjoy your truck.

Mike

I may get a beat down for it but........stand pipe & dummy plug kit? STC fitting?

IPR screen and o-rings?

I see threads on them but no real explanation as to the acronym.
The standpipe and dummy plug kit replaces/upgrades the current OEM version that can have failing o-ring seals which can cause cause high pressure issues within your 6.0 due to the failing o-rings. Get the motorcraft version.

STC=Snap To Connect which is a faulty two piece connector from your high pressure oil branch tube to the back of the high pressure oil pump (HPOP). This is known to break and will leave you stranded or at a minimum cause hard starts due to low oil pressure. You can find videos on how to replace it, a bit of work but piece of mind in the end. Below picture shows the updated 1-piece version on the left, previous was a known to fail 2-piece on the right.

Camera accessory Cameras & optics Nickel Gas Cylinder

IPR-Injector Pressure Regulator controls the HPOP output pressure to the injectors. The screen on the end are known to catch debris causing poor readings. You can order a kit with o-rings and new screen for $7 on Amazon. For a little more you can get a rebuild kit with a custom socket included to remove the regulator itself for about $30.

Liquid Automotive lighting Fluid Font Gas

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.