Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the F250 will be going into the dealer for a new EGR and oil cooler while under its last month of warranty. So while the tech is in there I'm going to have him do studs, egr delete, updated stc fitting and standpipes/dummy plugs. Just wanted to ask if theres anything else I didnt think of. And also wheres the cheapest place for head studs, browns diesel does $399 but they are out of stock. Anybody know of anyone else with a deal, also I was looking at RCD's egr delete kit is that the way to go? Any help is appreciated! thanks

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Have the heads sent out to a machine shop to be checked for flatness, cracks and pressure tested.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have the heads sent out to a machine shop to be checked for flatness, cracks and pressure tested.
Even though the delta between my ECT and EOT isnt more than 10* and I have no leaks should I still send them out. Im just doing the studs as preventative maitenance really, nothing has actually blown yet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright so get the heads checked. Found head studs for $419 with free shipping on farmboys diesel site. Ordered the studs from there and STC fitting and EGR delete from River City Diesel. Anything else to add while Im in there lol.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Your from Cali, aren't you worried about emissions with the EGR delete?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your from Cali, aren't you worried about emissions with the EGR delete?
It makes things interesting but there's ways around it. I work at a dealer in sales and used to be a tech so I know a lot of people luckily. Not too worried about cops doing a check either because I don't drive like an idiot or have anything too outrageous to give them a reason to pull me over. Truck looks totally stock right now actually, not stacks, lift or even tint. Sleeper haha :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts