Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an article that ran in the current issue of DIESEL BUILDER magazine that I think you guys will get a kick out of.

The truck was built and shot in SoCal.

Let me know what you think.:thumb:

I'll add more :icon_ford: articles as I have the time.

Chris

Attachments

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
Nice looking but come on 860 horses and a "custom" built TC:hehe:and a Banks Turbo for the 6.0 he must know someone who works for Banks b/c I've never heard of one for the 6-Liter:dunno:

I hate when people believe the advertised hp rating on everything they buy and then add it all together.

To me I'd rather say I don't know than look like a dumbazz in front of people that know the true power

Great Mag though man anytime I get a chance I pick one up

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Nice layout. The shots look great. I would also have doubts about the hp numbers though. Try getting them to give you some dyno shots next time.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
What an awesome Rize lift.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
sweet truck very nice alot of nice parts but I also don't think he is anywhere near 860 HP

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Definitely got a kick out of that. What a tool. Sucks trucks/people like that make it into major magazines. But hey.......if they didn't we wouldn't get our kicks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
860 hp on a stock 6.0 block. Just bolt ons, No internal modifications. Someone was seriously smoking crack when they wrote this.

If I added up all the claimes for everything I have bolted on my truck - I am around 1200 horse and should be getting 50mpg by that logic. :woot: :woot:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
If I ever see that truck I'm gonna roll coal all over it. Banks doesn't even make turbos!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
aside from from 860 hp, it is a pretty awesome looking truck. I can't get over the shock hoops - those things are just wild. :thumb:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just gotta say who ever wrote that article needs to choose another career. A lot of stuff in the article is wrong.
WOW, I guess I need a career change then...:confused:

If you think you can write and shoot better than I do, I suggest you get out there and start doing it, as it can be a rewarding career IF you have the skills!:thumb:

I like other editors write what the owner/builder tells us about their car/truck/boat or whatever else we happen to be writing about. I shot and wrote the article but I did not build his truck or engine nor did I dyno it. I do not know of a magazine that requires dyno evidence for publication... We have an honor system and go by what the owner tells us. As to the power capability of Chris Call's truck, maybe 860 was stretching the truth or an enthusiastic estimate but I have seen him tow one heck of a trailer with it fully loaded and it does not struggle at all so it is a potent truck nonetheless!

Thanks for the input guys, I will probably push a little harder when someone gives me an enthusiastic hp number next time.:doh:

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
it is a awesome truck but if someone told me 860 with those mods I would also push a lil harder unless he has more done to it that he did not share

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
One day I'll find a magazine that will do an article on a fully functional rig....

nice pics,..and like said before...he's about 200+hp off.
tank you need to email Chris your truck is sick and I think it would be an awesoem truck to be in any mag

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I thought it was written very well, easy to read. Just too bad that claims that number. Either out of ignorance or he's being very very sneaky. lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One day I'll find a magazine that will do an article on a fully functional rig....

nice pics,..and like said before...he's about 200+hp off.
tank you need to email Chris your truck is sick and I think it would be an awesoem truck to be in any mag
What do you mean fully functional rig? With exception to some of the race vehicles that we publish, rigs we feature in DIESEL BUILDER are very much fully functional! Send me some shots as well as a description of what you have going on and maybe we can get together to shoot and feature your truck.

I thought it was written very well, easy to read. Just too bad that claims that number. Either out of ignorance or he's being very very sneaky. lol
Thanks, I try to write in a style that is easy for anyone to read from beginners to experts, and I appreciate it when someone takes notice!:thumb:

To tell you the truth, I have known the owner of the truck for a while and I don't think he would outright lie but I wouldn't be surprised if he is either being sneaky or just exaggerated some...:dunno:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts