Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have had my 08 f-450 king ranch for a few months and the customizing is about to begin, i am going to go pretty nuts on this truck so i will keep you updated.

My question is, are there any recalls i need to take care of before i start voiding my warranty with the customizing.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Hey guys i have had my 08 f-450 king ranch for a few months and the customizing is about to begin, i am going to go pretty nuts on this truck so i will keep you updated.

My question is, are there any recalls i need to take care of before i start voiding my warranty with the customizing.

Thanks
:ORG welcome:.....has your radiator started to leak yet?

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
i only have about 6k miles on it and i havent noticed anything yet
Well your past the point that I tell guys to drive their truck before they start messing with it just to make sure there aren't any bugs.......my radiator didn't start to leak till about 22K......I guess I would have to ask what is it that you plan on doing before I tell you what to watch out for??

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6" 4 link rize lift with traction bars etc
22" american force wheels with 37's
210 tune from spartan
intake
exhaust
harley headlights
bunch of recon lighting
fabfours bumper with warn winch
who knows what else

Any cool ideas let me know

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I have mine modded...had the oil changed at the dealer yesterday and scheduled my appt to get my gas tank recall done....service manager did not say anything about my mods...and they are deep...lol

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
6" 4 link rize lift with traction bars etc
22" american force wheels with 37's
210 tune from spartan
intake
exhaust
harley headlights
bunch of recon lighting
fabfours bumper with warn winch
who knows what else

Any cool ideas let me know
Sounds like its going to be a sweet rig when your done with it.....what exhaust and intake you planning on running? Couple of things I would say, first and for most is I assume your going to be running without the DPF.....keep it, its 2500 bucks from Ford just for the part. You can get rid of the cat for more sound, make sure you put the sensors back into whatever pipe you are going to run.....if you plan on running HID's let us know when cuz a lot of us having been having problems with getting them to work on low beam for whatever reason.......thats about it off the top of my head....good luck with the truck

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am going to driving the truck to matt at spartan as he is not even 2 hours from me, he will be installing the tuner, dashdaq, intake and exhaust. MBPR i believe and cant remember the name of the intake off the top of my head but i am sure he knows how to get it all installed just right as that is what he does. I dont trust people around here with this new 6.4, too much that can go wrong.

I have been talking with raul about a HID kit but i was not aware of any problems, i would like to go with the 6k kit for bother headlights and foglights and i will instal them as soon as i get my harley lights delivered

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
I am going to driving the truck to matt at spartan as he is not even 2 hours from me, he will be installing the tuner, dashdaq, intake and exhaust. MBPR i believe and cant remember the name of the intake off the top of my head but i am sure he knows how to get it all installed just right as that is what he does. I dont trust people around here with this new 6.4, too much that can go wrong.

I have been talking with raul about a HID kit but i was not aware of any problems, i would like to go with the 6k kit for bother headlights and foglights and i will instal them as soon as i get my harley lights delivered
Your a lucky man to be that close to Matt.....as for the HID's the problem seems to be when you leave the switch on auto or if you have the truck set to turn on the lights when you hit the unlock button....they will both come on and after about 10 seconds one will go out....usually the driver side.....some people think it has to with not having enough amps to keep the HID's on......short term solution should you have it, is to switch it over to high beam.....mine have been working like a charm since then

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
recalls arent effected by warranty. they are a safety concern and must be done.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
recalls arent effected by warranty. they are a safety concern and must be done.
CORRECT...BUT, you take the truck in to a not soo cool dealer to get the recall done and you have all the mods done...DPF stuff and all...then the service writer/manager can very well "flag" that truck.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
How are you guys getting notified about these recalls? I have not recieved any yet. I have a job 2 with a build date of 9/07. I check the myford.com website and it says there are no recalls for my truck:dunno:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
They told me about it when I was getting my oil changed.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
CORRECT...BUT, you take the truck in to a not soo cool dealer to get the recall done and you have all the mods done...DPF stuff and all...then the service writer/manager can very well "flag" that truck.
point? if you dont want it flagged, dont get the mods.

How are you guys getting notified about these recalls? I have not recieved any yet. I have a job 2 with a build date of 9/07. I check the myford.com website and it says there are no recalls for my truck:dunno:
the fuel tank is only on short beds, the seat recall is only on certain captains chairs.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Yeah, if you dont want to worry bout warranty issues then dont mod it....me....I am gonna mod mine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
...the service writer/manager can very well "flag" that truck.
Will that go on my permanent record? :rofl:

Not only does your truck sound like it's going to be sweet, if you're getting your tune from Matt then hopefully mine will be in the mail soon!

Josh

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Will that go on my permanent record? :rofl:

Not only does your truck sound like it's going to be sweet, if you're getting your tune from Matt then hopefully mine will be in the mail soon!

Josh
My truck is already modded, and tuned by BADP....I WAS going to buy the new tuner from Matt....but I am done holding my breath on that one.....I started to turn blue in the face so I let go..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts