Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything on recalls for the 7.3, I heard there was a cam sensor that they replaceing threw Ford..... Anyone can chime in, thanks........:crazy:

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
As far as I know 97-2003 7.3's with the cmp or cps is being recalled:thumb:

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,881 Posts
Go to the link and put in your vehicle make and VIN#
It will tell you if your vehicle has an active recall, and what steps to take.

Recall Information - Ford

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
We aim to please:thumb:

·
Registered
131 Posts
There is I just got my letter from FORD last week I bought mine used so Ford is finaly catching up

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Symptoms vary. In my case the truck started stalling as I was driving. It has only been in a few days so hopefully that was the issue!

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Actually that blue cps isn't for the ford powerstroke, but the international DT466E. It will work, but its not the correct cps. The new cps in the recall is grey in color vs the black one and is improved to last longer.
One of the guys I work with that went to International school was telling me that you could run the 466E CMP in the 444E's (7.3) and it was supposed to make it run a little better at upper rpm's. Advances it some and makes a little more HP. How true it is?? I dunno at this time, b/c i've never tried it. :dunno:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ok, here's the scoop. I talked with my co-worker and he told me that you could NOT run the 466E CMP's in a 7.3 (444E), because it would retard the timing and make them run worse. Now if you put a 444E in a 466E that it would advance timing and make a little more HP. I wasn't for sure and didn't want to get anyone's hope's up for more HP. :doh: PARTY FOUL, back up and punt!!! :dunce: LOL

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just had mine replaced 3 weeks ago.My truck is 2000 and this cps is suppose to be better than the original.I can't complain as I was working on the original with 91,000
miles! It was done at no cost so how can you *****.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I PUT A CAM SENSOR IN MY 99 FIVE YEARS AGO.GOT THE RECALL ASKED FORD IF THE SENSOR WAS UPDATED FROM THE LAST ONE I PUT IN AND THEY SAID YES

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
i never got a notice from Ford about this. I am the second order and haven't heard anything. Can i just take my truck to a Ford dealer do they can take care of the recalls?

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
i never got a notice from Ford about this. I am the second order and haven't heard anything. Can i just take my truck to a Ford dealer do they can take care of the recalls?
Yep just call ahead to make sure they have the cps in stock:thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts