Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I rebushed the swaybar on my '03 and it helped tighten up the front end so I'm wondering about doing the leaf springs. Who has done this and what's the basic procedure? Are the stock bushings a nightmare to remove? I have the trackbar bushings on hand I just need some time, motivation and some bigger wrenches.

snoboy

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Are you using poly bushings, or rubber? I completely redid the front end of my last truck with poly bushings. It handled great! But after about a month, every joint on the truck began squeaking.....ESPECIALLY the leaf spring bushings. Very embarassing cruising down the beach in a good looking truck that sounds like it's falling apart.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uh Oh, the ones I used for the sway bar were poly. I suppose once the grease they give us wears off it's gonna squeak. I didn't even consider that. Maybe shoulda bought NAPA OEM style stuff. How difficult were the leaf bushings to do and how did you approach the task as far as jacking and removal and such?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I put the truck up on the lift and took the wheels off, then unbolted the springs and put a jack under the diff. Once the springs were out of the hangers I used a drill bit to cut around the center pin in the bushings. They pretty much fell out after that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts