Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Beach Bum
2014 F250 CCSB 4wd
26,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes I know I shouldn't have but I needed a GP relay at this moment. Well now I'm back on the oem one that supposedly doesn't work as well. Stancor is gonna be ordered tonight.

So I go to Napa since I'm told they are decent now but ended up costing $63.87 b4 tax.

Get home and let the engine cool down for like 2hrs then I get started on the replacement.

Get the new one on and when putting the batt wire back on which was the last one to bolt on .....SNAP. The damn relay split in half. I only put them on snugish. Hell Ive gone a tad harder on oems and still not split. Then removing the other wires just opened it up more.

carnage.....

Lesson is do NOT get a Napa relay ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever...

·
Premium Member
8,230 Posts
our idi oem did and they all do at one point. the issue was this was brand new. didnt even get a chance to get hot yet :rofl:
That's what I meant. I broke it installing it :doh: I was supposed to get credit for it but now that I think of it, I never did :(

·
Beach Bum
2014 F250 CCSB 4wd
26,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
return? would they take it back cause it broke?

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Onlinecomponents.com is where i bought mine J-rod. They seemed to be the cheapest.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I got the cheaper one from napa and it looks nothing like that but mine looks beafier than that POS. I would take it back and get the cheaper one then when you get your stancor you can have a backup. just a thought :icon_ford:

·
Registered
313 Posts
rockauto.com, google for coupon codes.

Napa will take that back. All they have to do is slap a defective sticker on it and send it back to their warehouse for credit. Make sure you bring your receipt.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Rock auto used to have MC GP's. I ordered some for a friend about a year or so ago.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
wow that sucks ive never seen on split open like that. you had everything hooked up right? so i guess it was soddered inside wrong or something?????

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
i wasnt offered a cheap one. i asked for a gpr for a 99 7.3 ford diesel and he brought that out.
Ya that is the one that has the same mounts as our trucks but the $30 dollar one is the same thing but only on mount lines up. I run and like this and I dont even worry about it. Take that back and tell them you want a GPR-109 it wont come up in the computer for fitting superduties but it works

1 - 16 of 16 Posts