Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is the real reason for duel-shoks up front and does it really make a difference??

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
for normal daily driving, not really. a shock loses its ability to dampen as heat increases from extended use, dual shocks share the load and thus build less heat

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
and it looks cooler

·
Registered
110 Posts
Will duals do better on a stock 97 OBS F250 no-lift.

Or will it hurt! steering

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
Dual Shocks are for looks and for trucks 6 inches and higher it does help with handling

I run 4-FOX 2.0 Reservoir Shocks up front and did help with cornering and so on

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
on a stock truck there is no need for dual shocks on any corner. if you are talking about a dual steering stabilizer, you shouldnt need one a stock truck. if you are having wobble from your steering you need to look at tie rods and ball joints.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It made a great bit of difference for me. After I had my lift and tires installed my truck developed a bad case of bump steer, to the point where I could no longer control the truck after hitting even little pot holes. I bought and installed a dual shock steering and now no longer have any problem at any speed. Like others say I wouldn't get it unless you have 6" or more lift with big tires.

·
Registered
224 Posts
do you live in St. Louis STLWRKR?

·
Registered
224 Posts
sorry i saw STL and got all excited. Nice lookin rig you got there man

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not goin 6" so I guess I shouldn't worry...

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
It made a great bit of difference for me. After I had my lift and tires installed my truck developed a bad case of bump steer, to the point where I could no longer control the truck after hitting even little pot holes. I bought and installed a dual shock steering and now no longer have any problem at any speed. Like others say I wouldn't get it unless you have 6" or more lift with big tires.
if you are having bumpsteer issues that are that bad, the steering stabilizer is mearly masking a serious underlying issue. Bump steer is caused my an issue with your steering geometry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts